Day 6 Esperance
Today we sat still in Esperance for the day. The weather is still alternating between sunshine and rain and is still very windy.
We headed off to Cape Le Grand National Park which is about 45 k's east of Esperance and hugs the coastline for some way.
All I can say is that if you come this way, please make the time to go and have a look at the park. The scenery is spectacular to say the least and I don't think I have seen such white beaches and blue water anywhere. I hope the pictures do it some justice.
The beaches have some great names such as Le Grand beach, Hellfire Bay, Thistle Cove and Lucky Bay.
A bit of a history lesson - Matthew Flinders named Lucky Bay in 1802 when he sought shelter from a summer storm as he circumnavigated Australia.
Stopped at Lucky Bay for a bite to eat and then back towards town .
We are off to York tomorrow to catch up with some friends. Another straight road no doubt!!!
Le Grand Beach
Hell Fire Bay
Lunch at Lucky Bay
One of the best, great landscapes
ReplyDeleteOne of the best, great landscapes
ReplyDelete